Fi360 offers a full circle approach to investment fiduciary education, practice management, and support that has established them as the go-to source of investment fiduciary insights. With substantiated practices as their foundation, they offer world-class training, tools, and resources that are essential for fiduciaries (and those who provide services to fiduciaries) to effectively and successfully manage their roles and responsibilities. Fi360 is committed to assisting those who rely on our fiduciary education programs, professional AIF® and AIFA® designations, web-based analytical software, and resources achieve success.
Fi360 offers two distinct toolkits that are available with targeted features and approved applications for the specific needs of both advisors and service providers, respectively. The toolkits are designed to help investment professionals manage a prudent investment process and deliver clients a fiduciary standard of care.
The software within the toolkits provides a blueprint for subscribers to successfully manage a fiduciary process. This process is the same one taught in the AIF® and AIFA® Programs. It represents a fiduciary standard of care and has been defined by case law, legislative acts (ERISA, UPIA, UPMIFA, and MPERS) and regulatory opinion letters.
Accredited Investment Fiduciary ® (AIF®) Designation
Investment fiduciaries are constantly exposed to legal and practical scrutiny — it comes from multiple directions and for various reasons. It is likely that complaints and/or lawsuits alleging investment mismanagement will continue to increase. Although some of these allegations may be justified, many can be avoided by having clear knowledge of who constitutes a fiduciary and what is required of one.
The AIF® training and designation helps mitigate this liability by instructing in practices that cover pertinent legislation and best practices. The Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) designation represents a thorough knowledge of and ability to apply the fiduciary Practices.
Through Fi360′s AIF® Training programs, AIF® designees learn the practices and the legal and best practice framework they are built upon. AIF® designees have a reputation in the industry for the ability to implement a prudent process into their own investment practices as well as being able to assist others in implementing proper policies and procedures.
For these reasons, the AIF® was named one of the “Ten Most Wanted” designations in the investment industry by Financial Planning magazine.
Fi360 Mutual Fund and ETF Analytical Tools
Our process incorporates the ISO (International Organization for Standardization) accepted practices of Fi360 – the Center for Global Fiduciary Insights. Fi360 promotes a culture of fiduciary responsibility and improves the decision making processes of investment fiduciaries and financial service providers.
The Fi360 process covers several investment fiduciary facets including:
- Investment tenure
- Manager tenure
- Performance within peer group
- Fees and Expenses
- Management Fiduciary rankings
- Fund size
- Manager added value
- Risk/Return ratios
Here’s a snippet of the Fi360 scrubbing process, you can see this is more than the average investor (or the average financial advisor) can handle:
- Inception Date: The investment must have at least a 3 year track history.
- Manager Tenure: The investment manager must have at least a 2 year track history. (Most senior manager’s tenure)
- Assets: The investment must have at least 75 million under management. (Total across all share classes for funds/etfs)
- Composition: The investment’s allocation to its primary asset class should be >= 80%. (Not applied to all peer groups)
- Style: The investment’s current style box should match the peer group. (Not applied to all peer groups)
- Prospectus Net Exp Ratio: The investment must place in the top 75% of its peer group.
- Alpha: The investment must place in the top 50% of its peer group.
- Sharpe: The investment must place in the top 50% of its peer group.
- 1 Year Return: The investment must place in the top 50% of its peer group.
- 3 Year Return: The investment must place in the top 50% of its peer group.
- 5 Year Return: The investment must place in the top 50% of its peer group.
We take our role as an Accredited Investment Fiduciary® seriously. The practices and processes defined by Fi360 are world class in every sense. Their Fiduciary Score ranking system is used by some of the world’s largest institutional investment committee’s. If you want your investments managed like corporate pension plan and endowment funds, this is it! InvestmentPlan brings the best of Wall Street right to Main Street for you!